Monday, August 11, 2008

Craig, Craig, Craig!

Hi All,

Well now that things have settled down around here I thought that I would post an update. Craig is 4 weeks old today and is doing fantastically. I couldn’t really ask for a better baby. He sleeps well and feeds extremely well! He wakes every 3-4 hours for feeding and lets out an almighty scream when he is ready! He also lets you know when his nappy needs changing but other than that he doesn’t scream a lot. He is very alert and I am amazed at how strong he is. He can lift his head and tries to help you feed him by hanging onto the bottle. Hopefully he stays this calm! He does like to wriggle about so I am thinking he will be an active toddler!

Me on the other hand we I am doing ok. My husband went back to work two days after I got home from hospital (which doesn’t bother me). He is a fantastic help though. He certainly knows what his jobs are when he comes home from work. Lol.. He has also taken over dinner making duties which is great.

I will admit I did do a lot of crying in the first 2 weeks or so. They prepare you for the 3 day baby blues in hospital but no one told me I would cry when I was at home. As much as I love being at home I guess I was struggling with not knowing what to do and really being restricted by not being able to go anywhere. I recovered from my caesarean in about 2 weeks so it has been frustrating. I have looked forward to our weekend outings though. Lol.. I ended up driving yesterday. Stuff waiting for 6 weeks..

I am not sure exactly what I do with my time but it sure goes quickly!

7 comments:

Pandora Woman said...

-grins- that is one handsome boy Shell. Now I could put down some very smart , intelligent and insigtfull remarks about babies and motherhood, BUT........

I don't have any, as I don't have 'em and have never been one. So I just wish you happiness. Will be reading up refularly as I know getting back on track with weight loss can be a p[roblem after giving birth.

Again, not personal experience, we have several ladies trying to do so at the WW meetings!

Enjoy the baby!!

hug,

Willow

Ann Y said...

Oh he is so precious! And for 4 weeks old look at that grin! A truly happy guy!
A little help for the tears might be a daily walk -- look around you and stroll the neighborhood even if it's cold outside the walk will do you good and Craig will go wherever you go. You need a change of scenery and exercise to help the hormones. God Bless you all.

Ann Y said...

We just had our grand daughter here for four days. She's 18 months old and a cutie. Red curly hair and a ready smile. I think your Mom and Dad are so lucky you live near them.
Just wanted to let you I'm thinking of you all.

scallywag said...

Hi Michelle,
What a beautiful baby! I hope you remember me from Findland. I was de-cluttering and came across all my old Rotary 'business cards', found yours and wanted to look you up. I just had a quick read through your blog, but it sounds like you're doing great. I'm also married and we just had a little boy in November (I can't believe he's almost a year). His name is Andrew Grant and he's wonderful (not that I'm biased at all).
lle,
Anyway, drop me a line if you get a chance (allisontheis@hotmail.com), I would love to catch up.
Take care,
Allison (Arnold) Theis

Shell said...

Hi Allison! Of course I remember you! Are you on facebook? Will e-mail you soon. Take Care, Michelle

Ann Y said...

So glad you check in once in a while! How are you all doing? Getting settled into a routine? Grandma and Grandpa -- both sides -- still think Craig is the greatest!
Any new pictures or fun experiences your willing to share?
Send an address or email so we can correspond.

Shell said...

Hi Ann! Yep I still check this blog. In fact I am about to make a proper post. My e-mail is mcarne01@postoffice.csu.edu.au